Senior Project Manager
We are currently seeking Senior Project Managers to join our team! These individuals will work closely with our clients to help manage business critical projects, as well as develop proposals, participate in pre-sales activities, and mentor other project managers.
- Manage large projects (budgets in excess of $500,000 with more than 6 FT resources) through the full project management lifecycle, or manage multiple mid-sized projects concurrently in the areas of custom software development, business intelligence/information management, package implementations, business management or strategic planning.
- Gather requirements, scope, development, and execution of custom application development, packaged applications, or other software focused projects.
- Adapt appropriate methodology to project and initiative as best to suit the team’s and client’s needs.
- Exceed client expectations by proactive and effective communication with client and other team members.
- Oversee change management, risk management, program management, and portfolio management.
- Facilitate high level technical/business conversations in the one of more of the areas of Software Development, Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse, Process Improvement or Project Management Offices.
- Effectively communicate to all level of project team.
- Work with and manage the expectations of high-level stakeholders.
- Develop response to proposals and detailed client presentations.
- Mentor other Project Managers in the areas of software development lifecycle and methodology, business intelligence/information management, and project management methodologies and processes.
- Minimum of 15 years in Information Technology, with at least 7 years of project management increasing in size, complexity and variance.
- Working knowledge of several project management methodologies including but not limited to PMBOK, Waterfall, Agile, SCRUM and RUP.
- Exhibit repeated success in delivering projects through all phases of the project lifecycle with strong emphasis on development of project scope and estimating.
- Familiarity with UML, Enterprise Architect or other advanced modeling tools.
- Successful management and motivation of client and project assigned resources.
- Strong documentation and interpersonal skills
- Understanding or exposure to one or more industries: Finance/ Insurance, Consumer Products, Legal, Healthcare or Government.
- Previous project management experience in the areas of Software Development, Business Intelligence, Process Improvement and /or PMO consulting.
- Previous consulting experience is desired but not required.
- Knowledge of crafting project based solutions to solve an organizational problem through the whole process development cycle.
- Advance working knowledge of MS Project in addition to other project management tools such as Primavera or MS Project Server.
Education / Certifications / Training
- Associates Degree with applicable experience. Bachelor’s Degree is desired.
- PMP Certification is desired.
- Scrum Master Certifications is beneficial.
- Other applicable continuing education/training.
The most important quality a candidate must possess is the desire to be an integral part of an experienced, high-quality team!
To learn more about this opportunity, please submit your confidential resume via email, or call us